Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 – inspection of 2022 Rates List
The Parish of St Martin Rates List is available for inspection from 18 May 2022 to 1 June 2022 inclusive –
- through the parish website (https://parish.je ; use the three part code near the QR code on the paper Notice of Assessment or access from your digital Notice)
- at the Public Hall.
Members of the Assessment Committee will be in attendance at the Public Hall on 25 May between 10:00 – 12.00 & 18.00 – 20.00 hours.
No appointment is necessary.
An application may be made to the Assessment Committee for a Review of the rateable value of any area of land shown on the Rates List. An application for Review:
- must be made on the approved form (available from the Public Hall or on https://parish.je or Request a Review online)
- must state the name of other land in the Island with similar attributes where there is a significant difference (10% of the proposed rateable value of the land in question or 500 rateable quarters whichever is the greater)
- if requesting a review of the assessment of domestic / non domestic you must provide details of the current use of the property
- must be made on or before 1 June 2022 to the Assessment Committee at the Public Hall, La Rue de la Croix au Maître, St Martin, JE3 6HW.
An appeal against an assessment may only be made after a Review has been undertaken.
Notice is also given that in accordance with Article 11 (4) of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 that once the Rate List has been approved by the Supervisory Committee it becomes the Approved Rate List of the Parish of St Martin for 2022.
Karen Shenton Stone Public Hall
Connétable 18 May 2022